Grants and Scholarships
At Perpetual Guardian it is our privilege to manage the largest number of registered Charitable Trusts in New Zealand. We administer over 580 Charitable Trusts on behalf of the generous legacies of our clients. In 2016, this translated to approximately $30 million invested in the community through grants and scholarships.
Our vision is for stronger New Zealand communities where everyone thrives.
Our grants strategy is to facilitate our clients enduring legacy – providing expert guidance to maximise impact and ensuring their goals and wishes are managed with integrity.
Applying for Funding
You can download our Granting Schedule – this shows what grants and scholarships are available and when.
- Granting Schedule According to Granting Month
- Granting Schedule According to Region
- Granting Schedule According to Sector
Late updated 31 May 2018
New Granting System
We continuously look for ways to improve our granting system and have taken on board all your feedback. We are excited to announce that we have a new system that will allow you to:
- Save your applications midway so you can complete it later
- Keep track of all your applications and accountability reports on one Applicant Dashboard
- Easier file uploads
- Less submission errors
Once you have started an application, you will receive an email. Please read the instructions carefully in this email and all subsequent emails. We also have helpful information on our FAQs tab for each Trust you apply for.
The following instructions are to assist with your applications:
- You will need to create a new login for each trust as accountability reports have to be submitted using the individual links sent to you via email after the grant has been approved. However you may see the status across all trusts you have submitted an application for while being logged into one trust.
- To return to your incomplete application, follow the link in the first email that was sent to you, don’t start another application.
- You may skip to other questions by clicking on the different steps on the left menu in the application.
Important Note: Your application will be automatically declined if you do not submit your application by the due date even if you have already started one.
Christchurch Casino Charitable Trust
Monday 16th July 2018 to Friday 3rd August 2018
For community organisations within Canterbury actively supporting individuals and/or families suffering the effects of addictive or compulsive behavioural problems, including the effects of gambling
Strathlachlan Fund - High Engagement Round
Wednesday 4th July 2018 to Wednesday 1st August 2018
Focus on changing the causes of women’s vulnerability
Anstiss-Garland Charitable Trust
Monday 2nd July 2018 to Friday 20th July 2018
For the protection and care of families; supporting empowerment and self sufficiency; protecting flora and fauna; preserving taonga and historic sites; supporting animals. advocating human rights
Note: You will be applying to this Trust on our new granting system please read the info above. You will receive an email once you have started an application. Please read this carefully. To return to your incomplete application, follow the link in the email.
Estate of Ernest Hyam Davis & The Ted and Mollie Carr Endowment Trust
Monday 30th July 2018 to Monday 27th August 2018
For charities operating within the Greater Auckland region, who support sick, elderly, poor or homeless people in the community
If you have questions regarding Grants and Scholarships, would like to find out how you can leave an enduring legacy or would simply like to be added to our mailing list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.